Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,267 Posts
There is an adjustment on the streering box that may take up some of the play but you need to know what your doing. I dont know what I'm doing so I wont guide you but I'm sure others can :) Actually what I did was losen the lock nut crank in the screw on the steering box while I had the front of the car jacked up. I turned the wheel all the way from side to side to make sure it didnt bind. Mine is a manual steering box so power may be different. Mine still steers like a boat but a smaller boat. Upgrade to PS and a new tilt column planned for the winter project. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
It's been years since I adjusted mine (also manual steering) but I believe I turned the screw 1/4 turn at a time till the steering started to bind and then backed it off 1/4 turn. Did this with front end off the ground but stands under the a-arms so the suspension was not unloaded. Been running this way for over 10 years and it's been fine.

·
Registered
13,326 Posts
It's been years since I adjusted mine (also manual steering) but I believe I turned the screw 1/4 turn at a time till the steering started to bind and then backed it off 1/4 turn. Did this with front end off the ground but stands under the a-arms so the suspension was not unloaded. Been running this way for over 10 years and it's been fine.
Yep..then if you still have play, it is somewhere else....check ball joints, tie rods, pitman/idler, column bushes, rag joint.... how to described in older posts

1 - 7 of 7 Posts