I have a 1968 that has been restored and I am just getting it back on the road. Everything was out of this car in the process except for interior/dash. I put the original wiring harness back in and the drive train set up was in the car before and running good. My problem is that my battery will not charge. With the car off I get 12.8 volts at the battery and with it running I get 12.4 volts at the battery. At the alternator I get 15-20 volts from the battery terminal..I assume it fluxuates due to my choppy idle/cam. I have replaced the regulator with no change. I cleaned all grounds and the two connections on the junction block behind the battery. The car runs great until the battery goes after a day or so . I have also swapped alternatores with no change in voltage. I have checked for leaks and found none. I am going on Power tour in 2 days and am at my wits end! Thanks.