Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please Help - I'm looking at a 1970 L78 & need to know if it's real

Thanks for looking. I'm looking at what is supposed to be a 1970 L-78 Camaro and need some help. The Engine/Transmission codes come back as a legitimate according to the NastyZ28 site, but there seems to be some scrutiny over the Trim Tag. Is there a foremost "expert" here at Team Camaro that is knowledgeable of these cars ? - Thanks !!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Re: Please Help - I'm looking at a 1970 L78 & need to know if it's re

What is it about the trim tag? If its an LA car, it won't show anything regarding it being an L78, but if its a Norwood car, it will show "L78" on the tag. Is there any documentation of any kind? - Dale

·
Registered
1,005 Posts

Norwood L-78 will say L-78...........If it was ordered with instrument option, it will have one year only 6500Red/7000Max Tach.

Either 3:55 or 4:10 Posi..............

Black Rear Panel on L-34 and L-78

Born with Norwood eng has VIN stamped on left lower bellhousing flange.........

ORIGINAL Forum at www.nastyz28.com is the best help on this subject........

·
Registered
119 Posts

Also, does it have the original radiator?? Should be LM w/XY tank on the drivers side.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts

You could order the the Heavy Duty Towing Rad with a z28 also. Mine had it Plus the the Optional 4.10:1 12 Bolt Posi which I gladly traded for a 3:31 gears from a friend running a 70 BBC Chevelle.

AND I've a 3 Phase Reese ready to bolt on at any time - I'm not particular but what the use of having all the power if you can't put it to use. - LOL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts