Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please Help - I'm looking at a 1970 L78 & need to know if it's real

Sorry if this is cross posted. -- I'm looking at what is supposed to be a 1970 L-78 Camaro and need some help. The Engine/Transmission codes come back as a legitimate according to the NastyZ28 site, but there seems to be some scrutiny over the Trim Tag. Is there a foremost "expert" here at Team Camaro that is knowledgeable of these cars ? - Thanks !!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Re: Please Help - I'm looking at a 1970 L78 & need to know if it's rea

What does the trim tag say? Post everything on it. If it's a Norwood car it will have L78 on the tag.

Rick H.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Hello Rick, Thanks !! The data from the trim tag

ST 70 12487NOR 336??? BDY
TR 711 65 B PNT
07E L78

Thanks again !

·
Banned
2,753 Posts

Get the whole body number and vin, and people here and nastyz28 can tell if they line up. Also, does it have a L78 tach (optional tach, but if there is one, it should be a L78 tach). Be aware that there is a supposed L78 floating around that has had a Z tach re screened as a L78 tach. It may or may not have some issues.

70 L78's are very rare, and if the original drivetrain is there, then post a pic of the pad/vin so that some of the experts here can verify for you.

As far as an expert on 70 L78's, Phil and some of the guys on the nastyz28 site in the originality section are probably some of the best around for the 70 Z's, L78's and 70 Z Copo's.

here's a direct link to the originality section:
http://www.nastyz28.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31

Good Luck,

Rich

·
Registered
2,443 Posts

That information looks familiar, especially the 65 B color combination. Was this car recently on Ebay?

Here's a link to the discussion about this car when it was on Ebay. http://www.nastyz28.com/forum/showthread.php?t=120761&highlight=l78

Like Rich said, I have my GM of Canada documented L78 car for sale less than this car you're looking at.

Here's a plug for my L78 for sale on this site. 1970 L78 Camaro for sale

·
Banned
2,753 Posts

Joe-
Jeff has a canadian doc'd L78 for sale! You know that ones real if you are in the market for one! :)

Shameless plug for a good car and a good guy......

·
Registered
188 Posts

Hello Rick, Thanks !! The data from the trim tag

ST 70 12487NOR 336??? BDY
TR 711 65 B PNT
07E L78

Thanks again !
I would be a little hesitant buying that car. There may be some serious issue with it.

If you are in the market for 1970 L78 I would really consider (here's another plug) Jeff's. Believe me if I wasn't in over my head on my 1970 Z I would be considering Jeff's car.

Rick H.

·
Premium Member
8,375 Posts

Whatdya guys want one of those for????!
Oh yeah, I forgot.:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts