Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am about to buy a set of Weld Draglites For my 1995 Camaro Z28.... I am planning on going with 15x5 in the front with p195/65/R15, and 15x8 Rear with 275/60/r15... now, what size backspacing on the rear should I run to set the tires and wheels under it nicely??? I don't want the tire rubbing on the quarter panel if I hit a speed bump or something... and also, if it comes down to it, what backspacing should I run in the front??? I want about the same look as the rear, (Both set out evenly)...

I would really appreaciate it if anyone could help me on this...

Thanks!!!
Steve...

·
Retired
26,644 Posts
Jim '95 is a 4th gen car ;) ...

Steve I can only share with you my experience with my '96 SS with 17" wheels. Tire size on all 4 corners is 275/40/17 and the wheels are 17x9, with 7" back spacing. An 8" wide wheel is going to need 6" backspacing to keep the tire inside the wheel well. Then you are going to have at least an inch of extra room on the inside that could be used. As for skinnies on the front a 5" wide wheel would need 3" of back spacing to place the tire in the same proximity as the rear tires with relation to the fender lip.

I believe your car has 16" wheels from the factory. I don't know if 15" wheels will fit and clear the brakes.

Here are a couple sites with '93 - '97 4th gen areas in their forums...

http://www.z28.com/
http://lt1tech.com/

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
very cool... thanks everyone for your help... yes, 15's will fit even with the brakes... I had a set on a '94 that I just sold... but the wheels on the 94 were just crappy 15x8" chrome sawblade wheels... nothing fancy.... I don't even know what the backspacing was on those.. lol... just bought them because they were cheap... I am kinda debating between 17" Z06 Wheels, or the welds... i'm kinda undecided right now...

but again... thanks for your help!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts