Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 1979 Camaro with a 305 I am having problems with my brake lights. They come on but when I apply them my running lights & dash lights come on as well.....Also I am having problems with my Horn .....It dont work its clicking under the dash but no horn.Can anyone help me ? I appreciate any help I can get.

·
Premium Member
1,116 Posts
I'm guessing it's a bad ground on the tail light sockets. When you press the brake pedal, instead of the current flowing through the brake/turn filament and to ground, it travels through the tail light filaments and travels back up through the light switch via the brown wire, through the dimmer circuit in the light switch, then to the instrument light fuse via the dark green wire then to the instrument lights. I bet the brake lights aren't as bright as they normally are. That's because the power is being shared by both of the filaments. That's because the tail light filament is easier to light.

If you hear clicking at the horn relay, the horn switch is working but the relay is bad or the horns are bad. Probably the relay.

Check out my wiring diagrams for the 69 Camaro. The colors and diagram should be real close. The horn relay is mounted on the firewall on the 69, but should be electrically close.

Larry

http://hawkpichost.com/ims/album.php?u_id=47kT1HB

·
Registered
10 Posts
Agree with 69, it's got to be a mis-wire somewhere. Disconnect your headlights and see if the brakes are brighter than they have been.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts