Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would a couple of you mind measuring the height of your 15" Rally trim rings ?

Although the trim rings are listed as 2 1/2" tall (or deep) I am finding that most are really 2 1/4" tall. This is measured with the ring laying flat on a table, and measured from the table to the lip of the ring.

Does anybody have rings that are 2 1/2" tall ?

If so, where did you get them ?

·
Premium Member
5,582 Posts
Mark..
I have 3" trim rings on my 15" 4 1/2 BS rims . I also have an aftermarket set of the 3" a friend had on her Corvette. She gave me the 4 4 1/2 BS Rallyes and 3 " Trim Rings :)

Kev

·
Premium Member
5,325 Posts
Mark, My YH coded ralleys rims have the original matched set 15in trim rings and they measure 2 1/4 inches....Hope this helps ...Mike:)

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks for the input SixyAte and zuma,

Hey zuma, you said you have original YH code wheels and original trim rings.
Perfect, then you have the information I am looking for:

How big is the gap between the bottom of your trim rings and the dish of the wheel ?

I recently bought Rick's 15x7 Rallys w/ 4 1/2" backspacing and their repro trim rings. The trim rings measure 2 1/4" inches tall when measured laying on a table face up and measuring from the table to the lip of the ring. The problem is with these rings and wheels I end up with about a
1/2" gap between the bottom of the trim ring and the wheel dish. It doesn't look right. I have seen posts here where owners have indicated their gap is around a 1/4" inch. This is how I think the originals fit.

So zuma, how do the trim rings fit on your YH Rallys ?

(A pic would be greatly appreciated if that's possible)

Thanks All,

Mark

·
Premium Member
5,325 Posts
Mark, I'm at work right now but, will take a picture and post it for you tonight....:D

·
Premium Member
5,325 Posts
Mark, here are the photos of my wheels and trim rings...Looks like, measuring straight out to the rim, it's about 1/2 to 9/16 of an inch to the inside edge of the trim ring.

Hope this helps...:)

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
zuma, you are the man. I owe you one :beers:

It sounds like I've been trying to get a fit that wasn't really factory.

Thanks

Mark

1 - 8 of 8 Posts