Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a sb 400 in my 1980 z28. i cleaned up the plug wires and have run them up the sides of the motor. they sit pretty close to the headers and i have sleeves on the wires in the spots where they sit VERY close to the headers so that they don't burn up. however, the wires are still greatly heating up and causing the idle to bog down, misfires, etc. any suggestions on another clean way to run the wires so that they won't be exposed to so much heat?

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
I was trying to find a good picture of some of my cars but the best one that I have is of my Porsche with a 350 SBC conversion. Anyway, you can see the black wire loom mounted just over the headers. It actually mounts to the valve cover bolts. You will need to get one of those and replace your wires with some Taylor wires, cut to fit. This will eliminate your problem and will clean up your engine so you dont have an octopus of wires all over the place.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for posting the pic. do you have part #s for this stuff so i can take a look? much appreciated.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts