Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any body know what plugs I can use in the vortec heads? The part store only shows platnum (AC), installations, can't find any cross reference. Would like to use AC or Autolite if possible. Thanks

·
Registered
503 Posts
I use Bosch platinums in mine - HR 9 DPY 6241. I have had them in for 3 years with no problems. The engine is a stock '96 350, only mods are performer RPM intake, Carter 750, Hooker headers, and GM HEI w/Accel coil. I'd been told by some that they did not like platinum plugs, but I haven't noticed any problems. It does have the stock roller cam, though. The Bosch plugs were about half the price of the AC platinums.

·
Registered
312 Posts
ok i have vortec head's, GMPP recomend's you use MR43LTS or MR44LTS, you can also use the R43LTS or R44LTS. if you like the rapid fire plug's use the #3(inplace of the R44LTS or MR44LTS), use the #9 (in place of the R43LTs/MR43LTS).

here is the decode or the A/C Plug's so you know what you are getting.

M=Marine application plug, it has a silver plating on it and make's it easyer to read the plug. all rapid fire are silver plated non-marine plug's are black.

R=Resistor

4= 14mm plug thread

the 4 and 3 are the heat range, larger the number the hotter the plug

L= long reach plug, this is for the long threaded plug hole in a vorted head.

T= tapered seat

S= Extended tip, best for performance and econamy. this is what GMPP and A/C Delco say's. so do other expert's on plug's.

hope this help's ya out.

[This message has been edited by ilbl8 (edited 04-22-2001).]

·
Registered
297 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts