Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
could anyone tell me what would make the oxygen sensor have slow response. any idea what to check. only comes on when heats up. its v6 3800 camaro 2000 with a 5 speed. any help would be great

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
How many miles on the car?The sensors are on their way out. Put a scanner on it and if the sensors are really moving slowly replace them.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The 2 before the cat. Are brand new an the heated sensor after the cat. Is not. Could it be that one.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Typically a scanner will tell you if its upstream or downstream

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
po133 is bank 1 sensor 1 slow responce. po135 is heater circuit on bank 1 sensor 1. if you changed it and cose was erased and they both came back. po133 if you have a mass airflow problem or a leak on intake or exhaust leak on that side or wiring. (drivers side) for po135 that can be bad connection or wiring problem. check to make sure when you plugged it in that on other side prongs in connector didnt come out.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
I can tell you one thing on those 3800 motors, unplug the MAF and if the car runs better thats your problem. Can not tell you how many times at the dealer that techs were pulling their hair out. That was the first thing i learned when i went to the dealer. (3800)check the maf on a rough running motor even with that o2 code.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Should be no reason to pull the plug on the mass air flow sensor. If you already have the scan tool hooked up the readings from the maf should show up in the data stream. Really the unplugging of the mass airflow is not a good test because depending on the vehicle you can force the pcm to run in default covering up you actual problem. Knowing how to properly diagnose components correctly the first time can save alot of headaches down the road.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts