Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used Eastwood Companies "glass polishing" products before.

I've just recently pulled both driver's and pax's windows out of the doors and would like to make them look as new as possible again.

I don't see any major scratches, just a buch of "haze" or "oxidation".

Any advise would appreciated.

grey899

·
Registered
538 Posts
I tried to do it. And I stress, I tried to do it. In my case, I just made a big mess more than anything. After reading the instructions and several "how to" books, I realized that it takes several minutes to an hour to get out what ever haze, scratches or oxidation that you have. Keep it wet and I recomend that use an angle die grinder rather than your drill. It's easier to handle. The kit comes with the silicate powder (or something like that) and the buffing pad with the adapter. Not too expensive. At the end I just ordered new glass.

------------------
1969, X-44, Export Model, Hugger Orange, Std. Int., BC Rear(soon to be a BT 12 bolt), PDB, GMPP 350HO, M22 Supercase, SSM Lift Bars, AirGap, Holley 750, FlowMaster American Thunder Exhaust, FlowTech Headers

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
I second the above method, and every once in a while I'll use chrome polish on the windows to clean them up a bit. They used to do that at dealers all the time a number of years ago...

------------------
1969 Base Camaro
Vortec 355, Perf. RPM, Demon Carb., TH-400
All sheetmetal is NOS GM
See my webpage at: http://www.geocities.com/compuboy007/

·
Registered
320 Posts
i've used the glass polishing kit many times, but it does take a lot of time to remove actual scratches especially deep ones. you must be careful on the deep scratches so you don't dish it to much or it will show. eastwood has a new system that uses a sanding disc with a air grinder that seems more for deep scratches, looks like it would work much better, but i haven't tried it yet.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
You can try and polish tempered glass until the cows come home and you wont be able to do any good. Its to hard, thats why its called tempered glass. If the scratches bother you, you need to go buy some new glass. For what its worth, many years of experience speaking here.

------------------
Jim
67 Camaro SS Conv.
70 Challenger R/T Conv.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts