·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was truly at a loss of words when I first read this :eek:

·
Premium Member
5,582 Posts
I wish that I was a fly on the wall and want to be there when "SHE" wants a new dress,coat,ring,make-up etc. She may have her reasons tho...like he cracked the last 10 motorcycles he had :( you never know.

Kev

·
Registered
255 Posts
I gurantee if they had been in a financial position to buy it she would have cared less. If you take care of your obligations and responsibilities and put back for rainy days and still have enough left over for toys your wife would care less. Ive never asked my wife for permission to buy anything, but ever thing is taken care of before i even consider buying something out of want not need. Besides he probably could of got a decent used bike for a lot less, and thats what you get for buying a bike instead of a first gen anyway.

·
Premium Member
1,952 Posts
I gurantee if they had been in a financial position to buy it she would have cared less. If you take care of your obligations and responsibilities and put back for rainy days and still have enough left over for toys your wife would care less. Ive never asked my wife for permission to buy anything, but ever thing is taken care of before i even consider buying something out of want not need. Besides he probably could of got a decent used bike for a lot less, and thats what you get for buying a bike instead of a first gen anyway.
This sounds like exactly what my wife would say. :eek:
No first name in the profile either??? Can I ask?

Motorcycles are so much more fun then responsibilities. :clonk:

I am just teasing - this is not meant to offend.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Not necessarily true. A lot of people are anti-motorcycle for safety reasons, not monetary ones.

·
Premium Member
2,345 Posts
Motorcycles are so much more fun then responsibilities. :clonk:
:D
My wife is kind of a paradox with this subject....she loves riding on the Harley, but didn't like the price...:sad:

She will NEVER understand my car addiction, but puts up with it cause I had that waaaaaaaaay before I had her.;)

·
Registered
255 Posts
(Not necessarily true. A lot of people are anti-motorcycle for safety reasons, not monetary ones.) Not sure i understand your response. My response was based on the fact that he had at least 10k in a bike that lost 15 to 20 percent when he rode off the lot with it.

(This sounds like exactly what my wife would say.
No first name in the profile either??? Can I ask?)
By the way the name is Chris, 33 yo male. It has nothing to do with it being a bike, its the fact that it wasnt a smart investment. If someone wants a bike, great have at it, who cares if your wife likes it or not, but make a smart decision, before id drop 10k on a bike, id buy a used one, can get one just as fast for less money, then put the rest in your pocket for the next wild hair. Ive drug in first gens home that look like they just left the crusher, my wife knew the bills were paid, the savings was ample, and the 401k was on track so she didnt bat an eye.

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
My wife bought my 67 for me so I have it better than most.Neither one of us makes major purchases without asking the other.Not for permission but out of respect.Makes life easier in the long run.Married 20 years.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
(Not necessarily true. A lot of people are anti-motorcycle for safety reasons, not monetary ones.) Not sure i understand your response. My response was based on the fact that he had at least 10k in a bike that lost 15 to 20 percent when he rode off the lot with it.

(This sounds like exactly what my wife would say.
No first name in the profile either??? Can I ask?)

By the way the name is Chris, 33 yo male. It has nothing to do with it being a bike, its the fact that it wasnt a smart investment. If someone wants a bike, great have at it, who cares if your wife likes it or not, but make a smart decision, before id drop 10k on a bike, id buy a used one, can get one just as fast for less money, then put the rest in your pocket for the next wild hair. Ive drug in first gens home that look like they just left the crusher, my wife knew the bills were paid, the savings was ample, and the 401k was on track so she didnt bat an eye.

Chris,

It sounds like you think the problem was that he spent the money.

I think the problem may be that he bought a bike- not that he spent the money.

Either may be true. Am I missing something?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts