Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
955 Posts
I want to cry whenever I see a Camaro that looks like that. The bigger problem with this one is that he has no title and no VIN!!! By federal and most state law, it is illegal to even possess that car unless you are a salvage yard and you received it in that condition after it was recovered by the police and even then the only thing that you can do is sell the parts.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
I noticed the car is located in the Florida Keys, I wonder if someone attempted to drive this car up from Cuba like that truck and the Coast Guard sank it as well. Man is that poor car rusted and abused.

Agree, without a VIN and title no real point in trying to restore it.

·
Premium Member
1,102 Posts
Guys name is Nate. I sent him info on the location of the partial vin numbers. He was Happy!
Notice the two piece rotor sitting on the frame.
Anyway its neat .
Indy pace car single disc brake. LoL
Rotor

·
Registered
580 Posts
Originally posted by William:
Note where the stripes end on the trunk lid.
What's wrong with the stripes? If the car came with a spoiler and stripes from the factory (which Pace cars did) then there shouldn't be stripes beneath where the spoiler was installed.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
I agree with DJD. I took William's reply as an FYI for those who wanted to know what original paint stripes would have looked like. They looked just like that on my Pacer. That's a real shame for that Pacer. I e-mailed the seller to see if the trim tag was still there, but he hasn't e-mailed back yet. I bet it's on another convertible already.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
KZ1000ltd - WOW you must be a lightweight!
LOL That's actually an easy restoration, relatively speaking. I've seen and own worse. If the rockers on a 'vert are good, than it's good to go! I'll post a picture here later on of one I'm going to attempt. It makes that one look like a show car. :D

HwyStarJoe - If you get an e-mail back from him can you forward it to me, I'll do the same for you.

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
William's comment made me notice the pistripe on the door. I have seen pace car replicas before that had the decals mounted and the pinstripe was stopped at the rear of the front fender.

Just wondering about how the car got the rest of the pinstripe? Is that standard production? Even possible? :confused:

Were the decals shipped loose for dealer install?

-Mark.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I have a stupid question. You have all seen the picture. Presume that the car has a title and is genuine. How much do you think that the car would bring on E-bay as is ?

·
Registered
7,608 Posts
Also notice that the Camaro fender emblem slants up and to the right. I've seen them straight, up and to the right, and down and to the right. This is the first unrestored one I've seen that was not straight.

·
Retired
26,950 Posts
Originally posted by Unreal:
Also notice that the Camaro fender emblem slants up and to the right. I've seen them straight, up and to the right, and down and to the right. This is the first unrestored one I've seen that was not straight.
With the big crunch just above and to the right of the Camaro script I wouldn't lend any credance to the way the emblem is placed...

1 - 20 of 47 Posts