Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What happens is it idles fine but when you go to mash the pedal it pops out the carb or the exhuast. first i thought it was lean poping but i have changed with 3 carbs and still the same (two 750 puddle dumpers and one vacuum secondary) also i have a vacuum advance HEI distributor that i think is good,(its what i've been using since i got the engine) but what i think is maybe the problem(which is just a stab in the dark) is since i have a breather cap, could air be sucked through this and not creating a vacuum for the engine ? i know it sounds weird, and maybe im totally off but i thought i might ask and see.
P.S any info helps
thanx
Quick_68

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So what im trying to say is that since there is not anough vacuum to advance it, it runs off the intial timing setting. also when i start it it has to be retarded alot from where it is to run and to run it has to be advanced alot. so is the distributor my problem or is vacuum the concern or both?

PLEASE SOME ONE HELP ?!?
Quick_68

·
Registered
5,277 Posts
Any chance the centrifical advance is flopping around because the weight bushings are shot or gone?

-dnult

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ill look and get back to you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts