Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
67, 327

Is there a aux NPT port to use for oil pressure sender other than the one at top rear of motor the idiot light uses?

Motor has the original canister oil filter.

My LT1 motor there was a port above the oil filter adapter I used. Not seeing one on the 327...

·
Premium Member
4,042 Posts
Some blocks have one in the front close to the waterpump. You could also use the one you mentioned by installing a tee. This will let you use a light and a gauge. 90's. Chevy trucks had that. Very easy to find. May fix your problem.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Some blocks have one in the front close to the waterpump. You could also use the one you mentioned by installing a tee. This will let you use a light and a gauge. 90's. Chevy trucks had that. Very easy to find. May fix your problem.
This port on front of motor?

Yeah a "T" where the stock sender is would work. I was hoping to find a aux port near back of motor like my LT1. The one by water pump with a oil gauge sender is not where I would want to install the sender

Something like this or likely add a "L" to it so both sensors are vertical. IDK if this one will clear the intake manifold so may have to add a male/female 1/8" NPT riser to it.

https://www.fastenal.com/products/details/69955?term=1/8"+NPT+T+fittings

There is a Fastenal store near me I will see what they have. Maybe they have a taller single "T" one that allows vertical mount vs using 2-3 fittings to plumb in both senders

·
Premium Member
2,179 Posts
I ended up with a T also.

I used a 20psi switch for my homemade LED idiot light on my center console right next to the gauges.
And a -3 AN adapter to go to the mechanical oil pres. gauge.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts