Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
15,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Prepping the arms to be painted and I noticed the lower drivers side arm has some moderate damage to the lower shock mounting holes. They're stretched inwards towards the large hole. The passanger side is fine. :confused:

What would cause this type of wear or damage? I can fix the two holes but was wondering if it's a sign of something like poor alignment, incorrect shock mounting by not tightening the bolts, or worse like bolting the shock in without the nut-clips?
Has anyone seen this on their First Gen.?
Thanks!

·
10,153 Posts
I've seen it on something, can't remember if it was a first gen or not but the same mounting style.
Probably caused from the bolts being loose.
A bolt with a washer style head would be nice to use there.
David

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Yeah, I agree. I just ran into this same problem on my Roomies 65 Malibu......the bolts were loose and were making a racket during suspension travel. Boy did they take their toll on the control arm/shock mounting holes!!

·
15,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Whew! Thanks.
Makes me feel better. I haven't found anything in my suspension or frame at all that would lead me to believe there was an external force like an accident involved in the past. I'm glad this wasn't the first because it's all getting ready to go back together and under the car this Summer!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts