Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
3,176 Posts
Might just be, Only thing is the Data on the trim tag looks funny (not straight and even) but then again that can be from the angle the picture was taken also. If it checks out someone will have a nice car to put back on the road. Also cant see if the rear back up lights were below the bumper or not pic to dark. or is it my eyes:p
Jeff 67/68 & 69 RS's
65 442

·
Registered
6,513 Posts
It's not a Z10, way to late for that. Z10s were only made late April to early May (04C to 05A).

It is however a somekind of special order car, since that color interior with a white exterior and was not a standard combination that was available without some kind of authorization from the factory. Very likely one of a kind (that was not a Z11 or Z10).

This car has been making it's way east for the past 6 months. At least the second time it's been on Ebay.

------------------
Mark Canning
1969 Indy Pace Car
350/300HP RPO Z11
My 69 L48 - 350/300HP Engine

·
Registered
460 Posts
If it was a Z10 it would have it on the cowl tag instead of the X11 that is there. X11 proves it isn't a Z10. Interesting color combo however

·
Registered
213 Posts
Not to mention it's not an RS, Aren't all Z10s Rally Sport?

------------------
1969 Camaro RS/SS 350

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Also, I have never seen a real Z10 with the orange houndstooth. Most seem to have the ivory houndstooth interior....

------------------
Steve - Central Ohio Camaro Club
'69 Camaro RS/SS-350 - Daytona Yellow
'95 Camaro Z-28 - Sebring Silver
click here to see my webpage ---> My Camaros (updated 11/5/01)

J

·
0 Posts
It is rumered that there was one Z10 built with the orange houndstooth. the car has not been located yet. All Z10s carried the same mandatory Pace car equpement that the Z11 had with the exeption of the Conv. top and interior collors. There is quite a bit of controversy about how many were built. Most books say between two and three hundred. I believe this is incorrect. I recently sold a one owner highly documented Z10. While I owned this car I became more interested in researching the Z10. I was able to locate the first production Z10. This car was built before any of the Z11 cars and was acually the first Indy accented car to have the door decals. The car is in mint original cond. today, including all original paint. Yes this car has all the G.M paper work to prove this. The car also has several options never offered on production cars.

[This message has been edited by Jeremiah (edited 12-14-2001).]

·
Registered
190 Posts
Yes,most of all the Z-10's I have been next to seem to have had the 727 code or White standard. If all goes well with my new purchase it is going to make its way back west now, and most likely next time it see's the road it will be a Z-10 Clone with me behind the wheel. I can hardly wait, Dover White/ Hugger Orange stripes, Orange Houndstooth interior with a 300hp 350 and an M-21 4:10 posi 12 bolt. tach and gauge package,tilt and a fold down rear seat, front and rear spoilers, 15x 7 ralleys. Cooooolllll....... Maybe I will even let you ride in it Steve.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts