Team Camaro Tech banner

701 - 720 of 757 Posts

·
Premium Member
614 Posts
Front –
Hotchkiss 2” Drop Springs
Cragar 15” x 8”, 4 ¼” Backspace
Goodyear E60-15 Polyglas GT 26.10” Dia., 8.80” Sect. Width, 7 1/2” Tread Width.
Had to remove the Top 2 Fender well Bolts just Forward of the Centerline of the Wheel.
No Rubbing anywhere.

Rear –
Stock Replacement (5 Leaf from Ground Up) with HiJackers Air Shocks.
Cragar 15” x 10”, 4 ¼” Backspace
Goodyear L60-15 Polyglas GT 28” Dia., 12 1/8” Sect. Width, 9” Tread Width.
Keep the Airshocks where the top of the Fender Lip is above 29 ½”, Will Rub the Inner Lip here and there, Has not Damaged the Tires but you can see a Tiny Rub line here and there.

My High School Resto-mod. I love the look, fun to drive too !

Attachments

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
Love the old school Cragers! Nice ride Timmy:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Hey Daniel,, no rubbing no tubbing and running 10s..ive got the hotchkis 2.5 progressive leafs on rear which i had reset another 2 inches.,,,so 4.5 in rear in total. qa1s & hotchkis bar , I did massage the outer of the inner guard if that makes sense,, on the 'hump' under there that joins to the outer skin. speedtech frontend adjustable.

Gav
What backspacing are your wheels?

·
Premium Member
1,310 Posts
Well guess I can post my set up now that the car is semi finished.
18/7" and 19/8" Rushforth Whiplash. With 225/40 fronts and 275/35 rears
Both front and rear are 4 1/2" back spacing.

Typed the wrong size in on my rears!!....275/35's is what I have!...

·
Registered
35 Posts
After reading most of this thread I've seen several 69s running 18x9.5 but most 68s are running 17x9.5. Will the 18x9.5 work on the 68s? My suspension is stock on the rear. What size tire would work? The wheel I have picked out only come in 8 inch wide in 17s
Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,806 Posts
After reading most of this thread I've seen several 69s running 18x9.5 but most 68s are running 17x9.5. Will the 18x9.5 work on the 68s? My suspension is stock on the rear. What size tire would work? The wheel I have picked out only come in 8 inch wide in 17s
Thanks
An 18x9.5 with 5.5" bs should work well with 275/35/18's. It would fit the same as the 17x9.5 with 5.5" bs and 275/40/17's that people are running successfully here.

·
Premium Member
1969 Camaro Restomod
1,242 Posts
These wheel combo threads are incredible, especially the ones with pictures. I confess to being a wheel guy, I think they can make or break your ride LOL. I'm looking for a Camaro, probably a '69, and seeing how the wheel/tire combos fit the openings is very informative. Those of you giving all the information on diameter, width, backspacing, and suspension mods... that's a godsend to the guys wondering about looks and fitment. Thank you and keep them coming. I'll try and do my part when I have something special in my garage!

Mike

·
Registered
110 Posts
While restoring this historic drag car back towards Day 1, my thinking was that the color screamed for something other than rally wheels. To keep a period correct look, the obvious choice was Torque Thrust D's with a new set of Polyglass GT's. The car now sits on 15"x7" rims with F60-15's all around. It's amazing what a new set of shoes can do to really set off a car. :)

·
Premium Member
1969 Camaro Restomod
1,242 Posts

Wheels: Wheel Vintiques front 17 x 7 with 4” BS and rear 17 x 9 with 5" BS
Tires: 235/45R17 front and 275/40R17 rear
Note: 2” drop front QA1 Coilovers, rear 1.5" Hotchkis Springs, used button head bolts on front wheel wells. No rubing.
That is a great twist on mixing the classic rally wheel look with modern sized/profile tires! I was up at Als place in Syracuse, and he had a set of Chromed Vintiques on his yellow RS. I think he said they were 15/7 and 15/8. Looked very nice.

Can you explain the "button bolts" with text/pix?

Mike

·
Registered
51 Posts
old school.
PO had the "magnesium" hubcaps on and I planned to go to rally wheels. but after a time, they have grown on me, the Hot Wheels look!

·
Premium Member
614 Posts
While restoring this historic drag car back towards Day 1, my thinking was that the color screamed for something other than rally wheels. To keep a period correct look, the obvious choice was Torque Thrust D's with a new set of Polyglass GT's. The car now sits on 15"x7" rims with F60-15's all around. It's amazing what a new set of shoes can do to really set off a car. :)

Sorry, I am "Bias" for 2 reasons :laugh:
Timmy

Attachments

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hey musclecarjohn, love the stance and wheel fitment, what have you done to the suspension front and rear? Thanx Paul O

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hello!
Here are my new rims and tires. Rim spokes have been matte coated to ease maintenance
Have to drop the rear a bit more though...

FRONT :
Rims : US Mags Rambler U111 , 17x7", 4" BS
Tires : Kumho Ecsta 215-50-17

REAR :
Rims : US Mags Rambler U111, 18x9.5" , 5.25" BS
Tires : Kumho Ecsta 265-40-18

SUSPENSION :
Front : QA1 coilovers
Rear : Hotchkis 1.5" drop multileafs , QA1 shocks

701 - 720 of 757 Posts