Team Camaro Tech banner
761 - 761 of 761 Posts

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
This looks excellent, the exact look I want If my ‘67. I’m getting pushback on the air shocks, everyone is like “oh don’t put those on, they’re trouble”…Have you had any leaks or issues? What brand do you have(do you know)? Thank you,
Dave Summer I had a look at my shocks but didn't see a brand. They are white and say made in USA on them. Could be Gabriel or Monroe. They were on the car when I bought it so several years now at least and no leaks or problems. I usually use them to raise the car about 1" or so and make it firmer ride with the mono's and run them at about 30-40lbs. They are very low in the first picture here 25-30lbs If you need to put a lot of pressure in them to get the height/firmness you need, the ride will get very choppy and put a lot more strain on the shock mounts than they are designed for. I'm considering putting in new springs to get the height/rate I want and replacing the airshocks with QA1 adjustables to get an even better ride even though the current ride is very good. I would say if you want to put fat tires on the back, air shocks are quick and easy way to do it as long as your springs are in good shape. If they are sagging to the point you need the air shocks to bring it up to stock height and then raise it, I would say get new springs first.
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Window

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood

761 - 761 of 761 Posts