Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my control arms in to get powder coated. I told them not to powder coat where the bushings or the ball joints are and both have a little to a lot of overspray. How important is it that there is none there for both ball joint and bushings?? Can I dremel it out like i have seen it suggested? Is it pretty safe or would it be easy to mess up the arm doing that? Any other way to get rid of it? Thanks a lot guys.
Erik

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
My powder coater did the same thing. I grabbed a bunch of 60 grit, and started sanding it out. Just be careful not to oversize the holes or you'll junk the A arm. Before you try that, see if the ball joints/bushings will press in. Go easy, though.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply Brian. I was thinking that it would be good to try to press them in but I don't know how much force it should take. I took them out but I have never pressed bushings or ball joints in. I am using a c-clamp style ball joint kit. The bushings are the global west Del-A-Lum if it makes a difference. Thanks again.

·
Registered
8,339 Posts
A razor knife and a lot of curse words works. Or a Dremel with the drum sander or flap wheel. They'll keep you from taking metal off a little better than using a stone.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.