Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All.. I have a question.. I have 69 SS that came with front disk brakes but no booster. I ordered the booster/master/prop valve kit from ground up.. I removed the old master went to install the booster to the wall ad hook up the linkage but it seems like there is an issue. I am using all the new hardware that came with the new boost.. when I go to mount the booster it seems like the rod is way to long. If I push on the booster I can get a nut on the mount but the master rod is already fully extended.. I have tried to adjust the rod out of the booster to the clevis but can only get it a couple turns before it hits the brake pedal mount.

Do I need to change something or am i missing a block between the booster and the firewall?

I appreciate any advice or help you all can give me on this.. I wanted to get it installed this weekend.

thanks!!

Jim

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
You need to use the lower hole on the pedal. There are two. You can take the spring off the pedal too, but you don't have to. If you are using the lower hole, you need to adjust the fork.

·
Premium Member
5,723 Posts
For power brakes you use the upper hole on the pedal. The lower hole is for non-power applications. On mine I had to trim the length of threaded rod where it attaches to the clevis that attaches to the pedal. It's not unusual to have to trim it. Put the clevis in place and hold the threaded rod next to it to determine where you should cut.
Be careful that you don't cut too much off. It's better to cut a little at a time, kind of sneak up on it, instead of cutting it too short.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great!! Thanks for the help.. I am heading outside to check it out now! I appreciate all the help!!! I'll let you know how it comes out!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts