Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys this should be easy. I have a '69 with front disk rear drum. I am replacing my booster/master/proportioning valve with a kit that I found (see link below). They have variations available from 7'' up to 11'' single and dual diaphragm. I am not sure which size or diaphragm I should be choosing. As far as under the hood goes, smaller ends up always being less trouble but the diaphragm thing I never heard of. Can someone recommend for me please?

thanks!

http://www.performanceonline.com/1967-69-CAMARO-FIREBIRD-CHROME-POWER-BRAKE-BOOSTER-KIT-BB-C6769C/

·
Registered
8,339 Posts
11" single is stock size and will give you the most assist....I think they only make duals up to 8-9". With a small block clearance should not be an issue. BTW, that's just a Right Stuff setup and Matt's Classic Bowties sold me the same thing for $275 with lifetime warranty. Same thing sells at Jegs and Summit for around $350 or so.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just looked this up on Matt's Classic Bowties and like their stuff even better. I won't have to bend and stretch my existing brake lines at all. That's a direct swap replacement they offer. Sweet.

I see you got that demon car you were thinking about. Good job! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
8,339 Posts
Finally warm enough there to go work in the warehouse? Buy my old one from me. It'll come wrapped around a brand new starter guaranteed not to catch the car on fire.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.