Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am installing a power brake booster in my 67. How do you get the bottom studs to put nuts on them? I got the top two but I don't see how I can get to the bottom ones. Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,506 Posts
I am installing a power brake booster in my 67. How do you get the bottom studs to put nuts on them? I got the top two but I don't see how I can get to the bottom ones. Thanks

Gotta make your arm a rubber band and reach around the booster underneith. LOL

·
Premium Member
1,952 Posts
EXACTLY.
You throw a blanket over your engine and crawl way in there and reach at it from under - helps if you have a long wrench.
The gearwrench only works on the repros - not enough room on an original booster.
Get a small person to start the nuts for you. ;)

·
Premium Member
2,506 Posts
No really.. Put that blanket ON the FENDER and reach around the booster between the engine and the booster with a small wrench. You can get to the bottom nuts that way. I just did it about 8 times! Don't ask why, trust me!!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Thats exactly why I was reading this tonight. I am doing the same thing out there now and its kicking my tail so I came in to see if I could pick up some pointers. Have not got the bottom two yet. Might just have to go with the top two only.

·
Premium Member
2,177 Posts
Hate to say it but it's alot easier if you take the hood off. Might save ya from the cops coming over because of all the swearing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts