Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the options I have enjoyed the most on my 69 in the installation of remote control power door locks and alarm. I originally got the door locks so that I could avoid those nasty scratches you get around your door handles when you are messing around with your set of keys trying to manually unlock your driver's door.

The door lock actuators are of course completely hidden in the door so you don't even know they are there. The remote control keychain also deactivates and activates the alarm as well as opening and locking the doors.

Mercury switches are used on the trunk and hood to activate the alarm should they be opened while the alarm is ON. The entire cost of this system was fairly reasonable (around 350 dollars installed). Down in my neck of the woods, I had Hawk Electronics install it.

·
Premium Member
2,062 Posts
That's what I want to do to mine also. Thanks for the info. Did the price include everything, parts & labor? I may not get the same price you did, but I know a good ballpark figure now.
Thanks.

------------------
Steve
67 SS 396,4-sp
67 RS 327,4-sp
72 RS 350/350
69 4X4 suburban 350,4-sp
73 3/4 ton 454/400
Stevo Camaro's Toy
Our Muscle Cars

·
Registered
133 Posts
I've got the remote power locks also, but I went a little further and set up a lock solenoid in the trunk. I can pop the trunk with a button inside, or with the remote!

·
Registered
297 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good question!!! On the receipt from Hawk Electronics they don't mention any product names. I will call today and find out.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Guys, several alarm systems on the market can operate door locks and a trunk release if you so choose ... You can also get feature like turning on dome light when unlocking doors, blink park lights and other things... What you need to be aware of is if you have a starter interrupt circuit as part of your system. This prevent the car from starting if alarm is triggered. I point this out because, on some alarms, if it alarm fails ( or a fuse blow ) It will leave the circuit open and the car won't start. Check with your installer. When I installed the alarm/door lock system in my 55, I used connectors in the ignition circuit so that I could unplug alarm and replug the circuit in it's conventional state.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
1 - 9 of 9 Posts