Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While having my house painted I noticed how well their power washer cleaned concrete. It was a gas power unit that I later researched and found could produce over 2000 psi! I would prefer not to spend $400-$600 on one of these units when they appear to be no more than a small gas powered pump, while I have a big 5hp/80gal air compressor sitting in the garage.
Does the power washer nozzle ($40) that can be added to and air compressor perform as well as these specialized gas powered units?

·
10,164 Posts
I have a 10 yr old Karcher 110V 1000 psi pressure washer. It works great and is very portable. Newer ones have small wheels which make it easier to wheel around.
I've fooled around with air compressor blasters and they don't compare at all.
I'd go with the electric as they are cheaper, or just rent one when you need one.
David

·
Registered
326 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
I just bought a new pressure washer a couple of weeks ago. It has a Honda engine and cranks out about 2400 psi. My first project with it was to clean the driveway. It worked great for this. The driveway looks like it has just been poured. I paid a little over $400 at Lowes. I have a few other projects that it can be used on and I highly recommend it.

·
Retired
26,951 Posts
I picked up a 2300PSI 2.1GPM Excel with a 6hp Briggs & Stratton for $300 at Home Depot. It was the most powerful I could find in the $300 and under range...

Look Here!! and put "Pressure Washer" in the search. It will ask you for a Zip code and then take you to the page with PW's...

·
Gold Lifetime Member
8,747 Posts
I have three of the Karcher models and one Hydro-Tek, but they are all commercial trailer mounted units. 3000 psi and 250+ degrees of heat from a diesel-fired burner. Really work nice but cost $7000+ each.

For the home user the cold water pressure washers work fine. I would recommend a gas powered unit if possible, then purchase the best one I could afford. Karcher is a good quality German-made product, and you can hardly go wrong with Honda engines. I'd avoid a unit that might be cheaper with no-name engines, etc.

Jody

1 - 7 of 7 Posts