Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone, this is my first post on Camaros.net and hope to get some great advice,
I’m restoring my wife’s 69 RS Convertible which she got from her father, the original owner. It’s got a stock 327 with an MSD distributor. It ran pretty good until recently when the ignition resistance wire lost power. Rather than replacing it, I heard it’s better to bypass it back to the IGN terminal on the fuse box to get a full 12v. I did that and everything was fine for a few hours, but then the fuse for it blew while I was doing compression checks and cranking the engine quite a bit. It appears to be the Turn Signal fuse. Not sure if the blown fuse was related to me doing a lot of cranking, or if powering the ignition is just too much for this fuse. Could really use some sage advice about now. Or maybe recommend a better source for ignition-on power for me to tap to reliably power this MSD distributor?
Thanks!
Neil
D7C9D49B-C8C2-49BC-ACC9-659BC2036582.jpeg

·
Registered
10 Posts
There should be a terminal in the middle of the fuse box labeled ign .
My bad i see thats where you put it . on my car that is where the cowl induction harness plugs in and it has a terminal on the harness for rear defroster option that is where mine is plugged in and its worked fine . i have a solid lifter cam so i bump the motor to adjust the valves and never had a problem

·
Super Moderator
32,997 Posts
1969 IGN power is a BROWN with white teracer wire from the ign switch through the firewall to coil.
By not disconnecting the coil neg terminal wire, yes, module is toast.
Step #2 in compression check - remove coil neg terminal wire.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts