Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
guys i have posted this before and have done a search with no satifactory results when i turn my wheel hard to left or right the engine will all but cut off. does anyone have a hint of a clue to what it could be.here is my set up 350 stock bottom end comp. cams 274 grind sr tourqer heads 67 cc (78 010 engine) weind intake 650 double pumper holley spread bore m-20 4 speed 308 peg leg rear gear .thanks jeff

·
Premium Member
991 Posts
Idle too Lean and or idle too low. The pump loads under extreme turning. If the idle is too lean/ low, the power loss under extreme turing
could stall the engine.
good luck
joe c

·
10,164 Posts
If you are turning hard against the stops, don't go that far, it dosen't help to hold the wheel all the way like that anyway.

If you are stalling while just turning the wheel short of full lock, try more ignition advance at idle.
David

·
Retired
26,950 Posts
Jeff - does this happen at low speed, high speed or all the time?

Fuel slosh in the bowls could be causing the problem make sure you have a baffle in the primary bowl. The other thought is your PS pump may be going bad and tightening up when called on to work it's hardest.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
DJD it does it with just the engine idleing with the clutch pushed in still rolling like when im turning into the drive way on a hard turn.if i give it a little gas it wont do it.thanks jeff

·
Premium Member
991 Posts
Probable too lean at idle.
joe c

·
Registered
5,277 Posts
Originally posted by 68 redcam:
i have the engine idleing at 950 and the timing is set at 14 if i advance it any more the starter struggles to turn over the engine.thanks jeff
Are you using a vacuum advance? That might help.

-dnult

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.