Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to convert my 68 BB to PS.

My son's friend got a kit of ebay. It works pretty good as far as steering but leaves something to be desired as far as looks. It almost looks as an after thought.

Does anyone have a conversion kit for a 68 BB that fits the bill of what the kit should look like with an upgraded feel such as the concours kit for disc brakes at ground up. I noticed they have brakes but nothing for steering

be good

·
Gold Lifetime Member
843 Posts
tony,

as you read this, there is an open thread under "mechanical", "brakes and suspension" titled 3rd gen swap-awesome. it is about the 3rd gen iroc steering swap for first gens. in the posts, there are links to the "bible", as it has been referred to, on this swap written by brian lewis. brian's link lists all necessary parts, where to get them and approx cost. if you do a search for posts by brian lewis, 3 threads come up with additional info supplied by some of the tc members regarding this swap. by the way, welcome to the site!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No I am looking for a kit that is basically the right stock look for the car.

Let me know

·
Registered
50 Posts
I found it fairly easy to generate your own kit, at least for my 67. All parts seem to be readily available. I got the power steering unit from a flea market. Once you have that you will need a steering flex coupling, power steering pump and lines, pitman arm, mounting brackets for the pump, pulley and belt. All of those are available from suppliers such as Rick's. After its installed, have the alignment checked and you're good to go.:hurray:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am finding it hard to locate the BBC parts.

I was figuring to look next month at Carlisle. maybe I can get lucky and get the whole set up.

Who is Rick? I am new here lol

be good

·
Registered
50 Posts
Tony - Rick's is a first generation Camaro supplier. Look online under www.firstgen.com. They are located in Athens, Ga. Phone number: 1-800-359-7717. There are numerous other suppliers and Rick's is one of the more reasonable.:yes:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts