Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I sent a mock-up of a power steering hose I wanted (LS Swap) to a custom hose shop and 5 weeks later I still haven't heard from them. I wanted to run half custom bent tube from the pump and the remaining length would be hose to the box. Like a stock set-up if you will. You guys run all PS hose from the pump to the box correct (yes AN fittings) ?? No big deal I take it. I just have to determine the best route for the hose. The header is going to be close though. Anyone feel like sharing a pic of their set-up ? Thx

·
Registered
209 Posts
I ran a stock fitting on the box and AN fitting on the pump end to connect to the adapter on the pump, crimp on style fittings with hose in the middle. I gave the shop the old hose for an idea of length and it came out a little long but worked just fine with no leaks. I'm surprised they haven't given you anything yet, it took a week to get my new hose with shipping time included. I looked through my photos and don't really have a good picture of my set up unfortunately, sorry about that, but since it was a little long it hung a bit in front of the subframe crossmember.

·
Premium Member
5,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. That's what I get for trying to be fancy lol. I just contacted the shop and they told me they are waiting on a tube shipment. Really?? 2 feet of 3/8 tube. Thx again. I'll run the hose and be done with it.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Thanks guys. That's what I get for trying to be fancy lol. I just contacted the shop and they told me they are waiting on a tube shipment. Really?? 2 feet of 3/8 tube. Thx again. I'll run the hose and be done with it.
Haha were they seriously were going to order a bundle of tubing for the job instead of going to some industrial supplier?

·
Premium Member
5,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Haha were they seriously were going to order a bundle of tubing for the job instead of going to some industrial supplier?
You know Shawn, I'm not sure they were going to make up the hose at all. Their web site seemed pretty legit. Oh well, it is the internet, who knows what kind of shop it was really. LOL

1 - 6 of 6 Posts