Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, long time reader, first time posting.
I have a 68, 350 sb which came with power steering.
My problem began with the installation of the Procharger which now leaves no room for the power steering reservoir.
The options as I see them are to go with a remote pump, bracket and relocate the res. or, change the box to a manual with quick ratio and new pitman arm.
I'd really appreciate hearing from someone who has had this same concern in the past.
TIA

·
Registered
953 Posts
I'm using a low mount p/s pump with a remote reservoir. My car is also blown, but mine has got a 671 blower on it. On my last "street" car I went the manual steering route. It got old real quick. I'm real happy with the set up I'm using on my current car. I know my car is a big block. but they make the same set up for small blocks too. I can post some pictures if you'd like. It's actually a "stock car" style set up. I bought the pump, bracket and remote resivoir from a dirt track catalogue and made the lines myself. The mount puts the pump down low on the drivers side. I mounted the resivoir on the radiator support.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Mark, I appreciate you're advice. I've been used to PS for as far back as I can remember and I'm 52 now.
I'd love to see some pictures when you could post them and thanks again for your efforts.

·
Registered
953 Posts
I'll take some pictures and post them. I'll try to get them on tonight if I can. Here's a very similar setup to the one used. (this one is acually nicer). I found this one on SummitRacing.com. This one is a bit pricy but there are other kits out there. You might be able to piece a similar set up together for less, like I did, but if I had to do it again I would buy a complete kit like this. I did mine a while ago but there weren't any kits available that I could find at that time . They use the GM Gen II type pumps. You would just need to buy or make the lines.

http://store.summitracing.com/partd...rt=ZOP-1016&N=700+4294908216+115&autoview=sku

Here's one for just the bracket:
http://www.jdrcustom.com/Zoops-8010.html

1 - 4 of 4 Posts