Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm removing a non 69 Camaro power steering pump and pulley from my 69 Z and wanted to know if anyone can tell me what the pump is from. The return line comes straight out the back and down approximately 45 degrees and the number on the pulley is 3770509 EG. Info I have indicates that the 67-69 Camaro used 3770509 CE. What number was used for the Z28 in 69?

Thanks,
Gary

·
10,164 Posts
You should post this in the brake and suspension section. It will probably be moved by the forum admin's.

I'd also check with CRG, they have a full listing of Camaro pulleys.
It sounds like a short water pump type return line. The 69's used a return that points down under the pump. The pulley for a 69 Z should be the same as a BB I think, it is a deep groove pulley. 67 and 68 Z's used a cast iron deep groove pump pulley.
David

------------------
Check my web page for First Gen Camaro suspension info:
David's Motorsports page
First Gen Suspension Page
67 RS 327 original owner. 69 Camaro Vintage Racer, 65 Lola T-70 Chev SB Can-Am Vintage Racer

[This message has been edited by davidpozzi (edited 10-13-2002).]

·
Premium Member
3,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
David...the info I have for the pulleys came from CRG and there is no indication for "EG" just the "CE". CRG states the number 3770509 CE for 67-69 Camaro which I'm assuming is a non-Z pulley since it's a stamped steel piece and JohnZ gave me an altogether different number for the 69 Z p.s. pulley. Still looking for the info though. Pump is nice and doesn't leak so I could use the correct info to offer the set up to someone in need.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts