Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having issues finding a bracket i have always used on my 67 Camaro. I borrowed a picture below from another forum. That is the bracket i am trying to find. Its a 3 piece bracket that pivots on the water pump. I have used one for many years and i cant seem to figure out what it came on. The one i have belongs to my dad and he cant remember what he pulled it off of. I like the fit and function of this bracket the best. Any help would be greatly appreciate.

Thank you.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
One of the 3 pumps i have been trying to install on it for months looks like the pump you posted. It has the nut and the keyway. Is that what they called the saginaw pump?

·
Premium Member
307 Posts
One of the 3 pumps i have been trying to install on it for months looks like the pump you posted. It has the nut and the keyway. Is that what they called the saginaw pump?
General Google search copy
There are only three basic types of Saginaw pump that were used between the early Sixties and the late Nineties. These are all considered "wet pumps" because the unit is housed within the fluid that it circulates. Units built before 1975 had a 5/8-inch inside diameter slide-on pulley assembly that was held stationary by a keyway and shaft nut.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was looking at that one online. It all looks right except for the piece on the right (in the picture). Where does that bolt up? Im assuming close to the header some where.

I also have the Aluminum Billet bracket i bought offline. I have been a Field/Product Engineer for years. I designed retractable radar towers and many other marine structures and i cant figure out how to put that thing on. lol.

I appreciate all yalls assistance on this one. Its a 355 SBC that i am trying to mount the power steering pump on. If you guys have a bracket pump combo that works well that you have had success will. Let me know.

·
Premium Member
307 Posts
My assumption was, your running a cast iron manifold.
The pic you posted shows the support bracket anchored to the manifold.
I can look at my old stuff later and see what I come up with.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The part numbers are stamped on the brackets in most cases. You already have a set, if I'm understanding correctly, so look for the stamped numbers. Then you can trace the numbers to the applications.
I may have to try that. lol. I have built a couple SBC's this is the first time i had a motor without the bracket. I have 3 brackets and 3 pumps. I tried to mix match but cant seem to get anything to line up correctly. Definitely a first for me. The motor is a 010 block 355 with Brodix IK180 heads.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My assumption was, your running a cast iron manifold.
The pic you posted shows the support bracket anchored to the manifold.
I can look at my old stuff later and see what I come up with.
For the headers i just use a piece of aluminum tubing to shim the bracket. Usually works like a charm.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts