Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
Explain to us "Why" you need that information and we might be able to help you out !

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sure,
I'm trying to set-up my power steering pump set-up.
right now I have on my 67 Camaro 327 a 8" harmonic ballancer.
I used a power steering pump bracket designed for the 6" ballancer ,I notched it out
I would like the use the corect power steering pump bracket,the one for the 8" balancer.
Because of that my pump is going to move out closer towards the front of the car.
That is why I want to know witch power steering pump pulley to use to compensate for that.
Also what crank shaft add-on pulley for the same reason.
I sure hope you can help with that info.
thanks.

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
If you are still using the short water pump, the answer is easy. Use a 67-68 302/350 brackets for your Power steering and a 67-68 pulley. For the crankshaft pulley's, I would use 67-68 350 pulley's. Everything is for the short water pump on 67's and 68's.

If you want part#'s on pulleys you can look them up at the CRG website.

·
Premium Member
1,768 Posts
On my '67 327 I replaced the stock balancer with an 8 inch balancer. I also replaced the power steering brackets with the brackets used on 1967 302 and 350 Camaros. This is a much better bracket than the 327 PS bracket. It will fit with an 8 inch balancer, is eaiser to adjust, and also will allow the use of locking motor mounts. I had to also replace the pulley. I used a 3770509 pulley which is the correct pulley to use with L48 & Z28 PS brackets. The belt lines up perfect with this setup.

The crank pulleys will remain in the same position with both the small and large balancer. The 8 inch balancer is bigger around but not any longer than the 327 balancer. I used the original 327 crank pulleys and they lined up perfect with the fan and alternator pulleys (which had not moved).

The reason the PS pulley must be changed is because the L48 & Z28 PS brackets moves the PS pump further forward than the 327 brackets. If you are using 327 PS brackets you must use a 3860457 pulley. If using L48 or Z28 brackets you must use a 3770509 pulley.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everybody.
That is exactly what I am looking to do.
All I have to do now is locate that power steering pump pulley
for the
bigger balancer (8" ).
I'm old school in that I hate to just pick up a book and order one.
I like to hunt an old one down.
Again, "Thanks " .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts