Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, new to the site but hoping other camaro fans can help with some questions. I want to put power steering in my 69 but want to make sure I get a unit that wont give me any problems, especially with headers. Do you know of an affordable power steering and any thing to watch out for. thanks- Bill

·
Premium Member
1,137 Posts
You can get a rebuilt stock power steering box and hoses from any local auto parts store that will bolt right in. You can also choose from standard or quick ratio boxes as well. There are also numerous aftermarket suppliers that have offerings as well. You will also need the three brackets to install the pump as well as a double groove crank pulley which are available from any of the repop parts houses or used.You will also need to change the pitman arm to a power steering unit,also available from your local auto parts store. I have done what you are going to do already and I installed a factory quick ratio box and couldn't be happier.My car is a 4 speed with headers.I have no clearance issue's at all.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Guys, while researching several different power steering units I came across a guy on ebay that wanted an extra 40$ for a unit that will work with headers which threw me the loop.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts