Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok.. the season is over and my thoughts are cranking for next year.
I want to go on one of those 8 or 10 day Power Tours in 2002.
I've gone through the mags I have and can't find any info.
Im looking for the dates and the locations of the Tour.
I'll be needing to set this time aside and will be saving for an overdrive unit for the tranny or just pick up a 700R4 unit. I really don't want to take the T-400 on the drive unless a Tanker truck follows me.
I'm sure there is a web site for this....Does anybody know of one?
Thanks

[This message has been edited by mobiletools (edited 11-18-2001).]

·
Premium Member
3,556 Posts
They haven't officially made any 2002 Power Tour announcements yet. I talked to one Hot Rod Mag guy at SEMA and he said next years will go from Lincoln Nebraska to Ohio near the end of May. Yahoo.com has clubs and there is a Power Tour club. You can also go to Hotrod.com and when they announce the next Power Tour it will be listed there. I did the last one and it is a Blast.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have done it twice and will do it again for 2002. I am currently looking for a cool Pro-Touring Camaro for May. Try http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/hotrodpowertourclub That site talks a lot about the tour and it has lots of pictures of the power tour.

------------------
Barry
70 1/2 RS Z-28
69 Z-28 Crossram
69 RS SS 396 Convert
69 RS ProStreet 638 G.M.
70 LS6 Chevelle

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the start guys. I'm looking foward to one this year. I just need to get 1 extra gear for the highway. I don't mind the T-400 for a 200 or so mile trip but cross country is pushing it. I'm getting about 8 mpg or so now. When I went to Syracuse for the Summer Nats. I was stoping at every rest area for fuel on I-90, and oh yes..... leaving my mark when I left. They loved the smoke show. That was about a 800 miles round trip.
Thanks

------------------
502 Bob

69 Z-502
Working on "Detailing" the car one pair of tires at a time. www.mobiletools1.com

1 - 4 of 4 Posts