Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an Electric Life power window kit that I am going to supply power to, the same way that GM did, and that's from the horn relay and via the firewall mounted circuit breaker as per UPC A31-A1 and UPC C06-A1

Please tell me if I am wrong so far.. :)

But, if the power is supplied via the circuit breaker as per C06..

..why is it then giving instructions on A31 to plug into the fuse panel's "Acc fused" socket?

Why fused twice? Where am I going wrong?
Even A31-A1 says to assemble the same as C06.. :confused:

From what I have been able to find out, both power tops for convertibles, and power windows use the firewall-mounted circuit breaker..

Also, is this the dimple (see red arrow) that indicates where to drill for the C06 power wire to pass through?

I believe that the dimple below is RPO-Z22 vacuum hoses..

·
Registered
453 Posts
BlackoutSteve said:
But, if the power is supplied via the circuit breaker as per C06..

..why is it then giving instructions on A31 to plug into the fuse panel's "Acc fused" socket?

Why fused twice? Where am I going wrong?
Because there is a relay in the circuit (not the horn relay). A relay has 2 circuits, switched and load, the reason for 2 fuses. A relay is basicly a remote controlled switch, you use a small amount of power to control a large amout of power. In this case, power comes from the horn relay, goes to the PW relay, then out to the PW switches, then to the windows. The PW relay has 3 connections, power in from horn relay, power out to the PW switches, and the acc connection. Power draw from the ACC only turns on the PW relay, none of it is used to actually operate the window motors. This is so the PW's will only operate with the key in the on or ACC positions. .

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great explanation, Thank You!
The kit I have did not come with a relay, It appears I will have to get myself one.

GM 7728426 :thumbsup:
Any ideas where abouts it mounts in the car?

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
I think that's the relay under the driver side kick panel. My car has power top and windows.

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
I should have a pict of it I took for someone else a while back. If I can't find it I'll take another.

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
OK, I found it. This is the link for a little while, I need to move some files around so save it to your computer. The picture is looking up from the floorboard up at the kick panel and door jam, you can see the wire boot from the door.
I moved the picture to this page.
http://www.gvtc.com/~rlaa/

1 - 8 of 8 Posts