Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys - I found out where the circuit breaker mounts to the engine side of the firewall for the power window feed on my 69 - but can't figure out where the wire from the breaker goes throught the fire wall. Can anyone help in this regard?

·
Registered
768 Posts
i located mine the best i could from the pictures in the assembly manual. there might be a dimple there for the hole, i can't remember now.

UPC A31 page 188 window electrical control
UPC C06 page 190 power control equipment

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the pic Charles - what did you use for a grommet? Do you recall how you found the right location for the firewall hole?

·
Registered
768 Posts

·
Premium Member
614 Posts
Re: power window/ Convertible Top feed thru firewall

Hi All
Just finished installing the Power Window Feed Wire Harness Thru my Firewall tonight.

In case anyone needs this info, while I was Welding up all the Extra Holes throughout my Trunk Floor/ Floor Pan and Firewall, I did remember that the larger hole was for the Vacuum Lines for my RS Headlights but forgot about the Power Feed for the Power Windows which is the same if you have both Power Windows and a Power Convertible Top.

The previous owner cut that Orange w/ Black Tracer, 12 Ga wire and crimped a Terminal on it and went right to the Fuse Box, The hole in the firewall was for other wires so I welded it up. He also took the Circuit Breaker and screwed it to the Radiator Support and used it for something else.

Now I went back to some of my older Pics and saw that hole (outlined in Yellow) where that Hole was, it's like a 7/16" hole and is Straight up from the Speedometer Hole and right across from the Top of the Cut Out for the Fuse Box.
Timmy

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts