Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just converted my 83 to power windows using parts from a donor car. The windows seem to be slower than they should. I timed them at 4-1/2 seconds.

How fast are the windows in your cars? I tested them prior to installing by connecting them straight to the battery and the speed was identical, so I'm sure there isn't a voltage drop issue.

Thanks!

Larry

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
i did autoglass for a lot of years, and found that those windows only work "fast" when you have just greased all the rollers, and its a warm day, and the planets are in line, and the tide is low, and......lol....

·
Premium Member
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmmm, I wonder if I got some new replacements if they would be any better. Anybody tried new ones like from AutoZone?

Larry

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
the new siemens motors from autozone will probably work similarly...but you can try it...the problem is that the windows are really too big for the motor thats on them...you could also try a new regulator spring...clean up the rollers and track really well...old grease will impede the movement...then coat lightly with fresh whiter lithium grease...also keep in mind that there is adjustments for these windows...if you have tracks working against eachother, you will get a bind, and the window will operate slowly...hope this helps...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts