Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A while back, I bought a 1990 z24 as a parts car to patch up my daily-driver work car. Yesterday I was looking over some of the parts still intact when I noticed the power windows and power locks... then I looked at my 69 Camaro (albeit disassembled)...then I looked at the power windows/power locks... then back at the 69.

Could these parts be used on the 69 with minor modification? (Originality not a factor on this car)

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hey, I found an automatic trunk release button, too. :D

Anyone know if the pw/pl would work?

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I think that you'll find it to require a lot of fabrication to make it work-and even then you may be stuck with windows that don't go down that last inch or whatever. The power locks may be a little easier as well as the trunk release.

I have aksed some questions about using late model power window parts before and never got anywhere. I did find that there's a company that sells kits for the first gens at about $600 for front and rear. A-1 Electric Life or something like that. I think they also have lock kits.

Anyway, if you do go through with it, make sure you post the results!!

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
After further review, the trunk release looks pretty appealing, I might give it a try when the time comes.
The z24 windows are 1.25" taller than the Camaro windows. Maybe thats a good sign. I need to look more into how they mount before I determine feasability.
Door locks...verdict is still out. Not sure how the switch is going to look. :/
Anyone know if a stock 69 switch will work with the 1990 power window motor?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts