Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m the new guy here and have checked the archives with out success. I’ll bet I’m the only guy on the forum who doesn’t know the answer to my question.

Real simple, I’m replacing a PG with a
T-350, will the drive shaft work? Length and Yoke would be my concern.

Thank You

------------------
RickM
67 SS TPI-A4 "Almost Running"

·
Registered
70 Posts
Driveshaft will work, trans mount will work, and crossmember will work and stays in the same position as the glide. Glide linkage can be modded to work but I would go with TH350 linkage or an aftermarket shifter. Make sure you get the short tail TH350, believe it is the 6" tail shaft version. Long tail is only for big cars, 9" tail shaft.

------------------
Dave (NY)
66/70 chevelle ss396's
72 chevelle
69/71 camaros
55 chevy prostreet
61 impala bubbletop

[This message has been edited by drptop70ss (edited 11-28-2001).]

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
that is right, pops right in to a first gen as long as you get the TH350 with the 6'' tailshaft.

·
Super Moderator
32,449 Posts
You would have to remove the gate plate from the shifter and delete the material at the end of it so you could manually shift it into first if you planning on using the stock console shifter, otherwise, as said earlier, it's a snap of a swap.

If a column shifter, I don't think any modification will be needed.

You'll have to get a cable bracket from GM dealer to mount the kickdown cable, it attaches to the next to last two driver side intake manifold bolts. Cost would probably be approx $5.

Welcome to the club, we hope you enjoy your stay.....

------------------
Everett 68/350/PG/11.90/115mph

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for all the good information. The transmission is in, don’t know if it’s a 6” or 9” tail shaft will check it out. I have converted the shifter with shiftworks and the car from the column to the floor.

I started this project 8 years ago with my son before he left for college, he has since graduated (3 years ago) and now we have been re kindled on the project. It’s a 67 plain Jane that we are cloning to a SS with an 88-corvette TPI motor.

I have been on the Corvette Forum for many years and plan to continue, don’t get me wrong they are a great bunch of guys but I sometime have difficulty in getting interest in simple items. Like my transmission question.

I think I will enjoy this Forum and find it beneficial to my restoration.

Thanks again guys.

------------------
RickM
67 SS (TPI) "Almost Running"

·
Super Moderator
32,449 Posts
Personally, I'd would have it column shift, think of the comments, I've seen 3 of them.

------------------
Everett 68/350/PG/11.90/115mph

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just did the change over. I used a lokar shift linkage kit to do my column change over. As long as you use the 6" tailshaft everything will change over without a new drive shaft or mounts.

Don

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
If you keep the column shifter the existing linkage does not work. When I did mine [have since switched to a floor mounted shifter] I fabbed a new lever for the trans and mixed various 'glide and TH350 linkage parts to make it work together. No big deal IMO.

Good luck. A TH350 is a good swap to make.

------------------
68 Camaro, 383 small block with TH350 trans. 11.98's at 111mph and never trailered.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts