Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The transmission shop says that i should replace both the pumps in my 1967 Powerglide transmission. He does not have replacements or parts for them.Were could i purchase New Or completely rebuilt Stock front & rear pumps & what cost am i looking at for these??

·
Registered
593 Posts
Rick, I have front pumps available. If I do some digging I may find a rear also. It is common for the drive pin for the rear pump to break in the output shaft, and you may have to fab one up. The race pumps I have are $225 and have aftermarket steel stator support tubes, new pump gears, and reworked converter feed and lube circuits. I could probably do a cheaper rebuild on an OEM pump though if you did not want to spend that much, but it would give you a pretty nice pump. I have to work this AM, but will dig through my parts and see if I can find a rear pump. What all do you need for parts there? I am guessing the pump gears and housing along with the tin plate? And drive pin, which may be a toughie. Let me know!

PS, your trans must be a 62-66, since they were the only ones with the rear pumps

1 - 2 of 2 Posts