Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what would you have to pay for a 1968 Z28 inlet manifold, holley carb,and water neck all correct numbers and dates. whats the going price please.

·
Registered
14 Posts
You should get AL Colvins book "Chevrolet by the Numbers" the 1965-69 book from Classic Motorbooks, Amazon, wherever. The 1967-68 Z/28 manifold is different that the more common 1969-70 version, then there is a 70-71 version and a 71-72 version. The water neck outlet is offset to the passenger side and the outlet housing is cast iron and the same as used on early Corvettes and L88 Vettes. The Holley carburetor is a list # 4053 and is avaliable as a reproducyion from Holley the origional Holley had a build date on the choke housing below the list# your cars build date then has to be taken into account which really narrows the avaliability of a correct carb. The real question is are you doing an ultimate #s correct restoration or are you trying to build a car to meet FIA specifications? For the correct date coded Manifold+carb+water outlet I would believe that you would be looking at the $1000 ballpark. I just sold my origional Z/28 Holley carb for $425 and it needed replating and rebuilding but it had the all important date code for the buyer ( I have a 2X4 bbl Cross Ram that I am putting on the car ). I think you may want to investigate the Xram option if you are builing a FIA car because the Blue Oval boys are running Webber IDAs on thier equipment, if I recall correctly. You may also want to get the book " Camaro-Untold Speed Secrets" by Wayne Guinn. This book would be a very good refrence for an FIA build-up, if you have a 69 Camaro it is a "must have" because the Homoligation papers with the SCCA for the 69 Z/28 are in the back of the book.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts