Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Administrator
2,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We now have the ability of sending private messages amongst members of the forum. This does not use your email address so if you have it hidden, don't worry, it is not being displayed. You will receive an email notification that someone has sent you a private message though. This can be turned off (and so can the PM option) by unchecking the boxes in your profile.
Just click on "my profile" at the top right of any tech page to make modifications.

To send a private message to someone, just click on this icon to the right of their name (in any post they make)

When you login to the forums a flashing envelope will be displayed on the top left of the page informing you of any new private message.

I turned on the private messaging feature of this forum in hopes of allowing more direct communication for queries and troubleshooting of sensitive posts.

We hope you enjoy this new option.

Al

·
Premium Member
2,118 Posts
Hi Al, is it possible to acces a past private message? Suppose I want to add something to that specific conversation I'm having with another member, without waiting for him to reply for example. Just so he can have the info of such discusion at hand, when he receive the communication. In other site I visit, we see a record, where it says for example, "You have 3 private messages, 0 new". If I acces that area, I can read past messages and add to it, if needed.

·
Administrator
2,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think all you can do is copy the info from the 'sent' box that should have your recent pm's and then send it to them with the revision.
It doesn't seem to let you add more to a PM until the other side responds.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts