Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Does anyone have any experience on the Pro Comp aluminum heads? I'm considering purchasing a pair for a big block off of E-bay. Pros? Cons?

Thanks!

·
Registered
915 Posts
Chris! They make a lot of stuff wires heads fuel regulators and my friend Mike has bought aton of these parts from a well known e Bay emporium in the S.eastern part of our country. He bought a set of bbc heads that lasted 2 runs before they blew a hole in between cyls 3&5. He has sent most everything back and got replacements no problem ,sometimes the e bayer didnt even want the old parts back . What does that tell you. At first sight the stuff looks great but after you really start looking at it you come to find out you don,t like what you see. What about the work installing these parts. I know first hand i am the one who helps him install the stuff . Nothing worse than paying for the same real estate twice it becomes cost prohibitive fast. I have posted on this before and this subject has been beaten to death,on tc tc &tn.There are enough problems installing firstclass aftermarket parts and thats good stuff. Save a little more and buy name brand stuff remember YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. ALEX

·
Registered
285 Posts
theres that and also there are some real good cylinder head guys here that can steer you in the right direction. heads are not a one size fits all. figure out what you can afford and buy the best head you can. I mean mike lewis, mark jones, dr. j and forgive me the afr guy. all know there stuff. good luck and hope someone can help you out. mark

·
Registered
782 Posts
Chinese counterfeit knock-off junk. Castings are light, guides and seats are all over the place, most folks have found that once you get everything corrected, you could have bought first-grade heads instead.
Pass on 'em!!!

·
Banned
938 Posts
chinese counterfeit knock-off junk. Castings are light, guides and seats are all over the place, most folks have found that once you get everything corrected, you could have bought first-grade heads instead.
Pass on 'em!!!

x3

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
They are cast and machined in China. You may or may not get a dimensionally correct example. Ask me about how the coolant got into the oil....

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
i agree with all of them --i have a set on my 468 --i have done alots of work to them and my motor makes alot of power--but i havent run it enough to prove anything yet--even there own pro comp stud gurdle wont fit on them-everything has been a pain with them-probably just gonna be another pair that will end up back on ebay after i have spent a fortune trying to straighten these out

·
Banned
3,193 Posts
You can sometimes find the edelbrock heads for $1500 on sale.

GM trusted the quality of them; they come on their crate motors.

Brodix and AFR are usually well over $2000.

·
Premium Member
5,230 Posts
PRO CRAP you mean :noway:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys,

You made it an easy decision to steer clear from them. The search continues!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts