Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after four or five years of running a Pro Stock style rear wing on my car I removed it and installed a stock rear spoiler. The wing kinda fit the "theme" of the car when I put it on originally. I really liked the look of it when I installed it but the more I see Pro Street first gens with the factory rear spoiler the more I like it. Plus it seems every time I go to a cruise in or show someone accidently walks into it and bends one of the end plates. I know it could just get a stronger one made but it was time to go. I already like the look of the original style better. I have to get the holes from the old wing filled and the trunk and spoiler painted but that's gonna have to wait until the winter. Until then I'm just gonna leave the old with button heads bolts filling the holes. What do you think??

Pro Stock wing:

Removed:

Stock rear spoiler:

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Good move! The wing just didn't "flow" from looking at your pics. No pun intended... Car looks great! She's got some serious sneakers on her.

·
Premium Member
4,600 Posts
The only thought is what the heck were you thinking back then.
When you have had a car for 38 years like I have, some where you thought some weird stuff.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good move! The wing just didn't "flow" from looking at your pics. No pun intended... Car looks great! She's got some serious sneakers on her.
As big as those sneakers are (18.5" wide soft compound Mickeys) they don't stand a chance when I press the loud pedal...

The only thought is what the heck were you thinking back then.
When you have had a car for 38 years like I have, some where you thought some weird stuff.
Lol.. That's exactly the way I feel now. Oh well. I know you won't be shocked to find out you're not the first one to ask that.

·
Premium Member
1,976 Posts
I thought the wing looked ok for what it was, but after seeing the pics before and after - even with it not being painted looks way better - good move!

·
Premium Member
Ben - Delaware - 67 Camaro
584 Posts
much better now. i'm not a fan of form over function. if you're not "using" a wing like that to give you needed down force and stability going down the drag strip then it's just silly. IMO. no offense intended.

funny story though; i was at a local cruise night a couple years ago and a young kid pulled up next to my 69 in a late model honda or mitsubishi thingy with a similar but much larger pro-stock style wing on the back of his likely otherwise stock car save for the coffee can exhaust tip and proceeded to show me his latest 'mod' to his car. when i asked him if he felt the need for that added down force on the rear of his front wheel drive car he looked at me like i was explaining quantum physics to a 4 year old. guess you had to be there but it was kinda priceless for the rest of the people around....

·
Premium Member
5,225 Posts
I dunno, the pro stock wing sort of matched the huge blower...

Don

Reactions: DT
1 - 10 of 10 Posts