Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On a budget looking for ideas on what to take seats out of a used car for best deal, anybody have any ideas? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Visit a local junk yard with measurements to fit. My upholstery guy made a great seat with custom cut foam on my original seats and PUI covers. Modify the sides of the PUI cover to fit over the new couture of the seats. They do this all the time on the car shows on TV. Also I did one with seats out of a CTS Caddy, got power and heat!

·
Gold Lifetime Member
1,648 Posts
4th gen camaro and firebird seats work well 93-02 like Lee said. I had a set of 99 ish firebird seats in my car for several years. Those seats can come in power or manual and my FB ones had power lumbar. The firebird have a separate headrest, compared to a pice piece seat design on the camaro. The front holes line up with the first gen floor mounts and rear adapters are easily made with some 3/8 steel plate.

What is your budget?

·
Premium Member
1,993 Posts
Finding a donor car at the junkyard with some buckets is a good idea, but by the time you have the foam and upholstery redone is it still a "budget" seat ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts