Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a problem with one headlight door. Opens fine but wont close passenger side. The switch seems fine. Are these doors adjustable?
If I pull on it slightly then it closes fine. As if its sticking.

Cheers

·
Registered
353 Posts
Hothead, it sounds like you might have a slight problem with your limit switch. The first thing I would do is try and clean the part of the switch that goes in and out. (the button, for lack of a better word). Possibly use contact cleaner spray if you have some handy. Then slightly coat it with die-electric grease, or lithium grease, vaseline. Remove excess. A little goes a long way! Work the switch back and forth several times and see if that takes care of it. Do this without taking the switch out of the car if possible, just in case it works for you and there will be no further adjustments necessary. I will monitor this post and we will go from there. I had this problem and a accumulation of dirt/dust was not letting the switch fully operate. Their a pain when not working, but such a joy when they do! Keep us posted, JR

·
Premium Member
907 Posts
I had the exact same problem, and it was on the passenger side as well, go figure. I ended up changing the limit switch and made sure that the ground was good at the same time. It worked for me just like it worked for you. Seemed like it was stuck.... but turned out it was probably the ground but I changed the limit switch anyway.

Brandan-

·
Premium Member
5,583 Posts
I had the exact same problem, and it was on the passenger side as well, go figure. I ended up changing the limit switch and made sure that the ground was good at the same time. It worked for me just like it worked for you. Seemed like it was stuck.... but turned out it was probably the ground but I changed the limit switch anyway.

Brandan-
Brandan,

You might want to remove both switches on the radiator support and remove some paint to make sure they have a good ground.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys,

I'm helping a friend deal with his 67 RS headlight doors and have a similar issue as the original post.

The only issue is when the doors are closed and we turn on the ignition and pull the headlight switch the Drivers Door opens just fine but not the passenger side. On the passenger side we have to move it just enough to get the limit switch on the door capsule to click. Once it does the motor takes right off. After that both doors close just fine.

The complete wire harness, motors, relays and limit switches are new.

Does it sound like a ground on the one limit switch?

Does anybody have a picture of the correct installation of the ground wire on the limit switch terminal?

Thanks, Ken

1 - 9 of 9 Posts