Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a 1968 Camaro. The engine is supose to be a 355(lopey cam,accel points distributor).Problem is when i try to shut the car off it diesels and blows smoke out of the carb. before it shuts off.What could this be?

·
Registered
489 Posts
Does it have a MSD spark box in it? I know most people never put the diode inline of the 12v source that makes it diesel or have a lot of "run on"

------------------
69 RS/SS 427 4.11's
2000 Z28 Navy Metallic LS1 6 Spd T-Tops

·
Registered
35 Posts
Make sure idle speed is not to high and most important that the throotle return spring is strong enough

------------------
GMPP 350 330hp Comp cam XE 274 Modified Vortecs B&M 3000 Holeshot Holley 750DP D.U.I.HEI Dist.3.73's Eaton Posi

·
Super Moderator
33,480 Posts
Primary throttle plates are opened too much.

Need to lower idle speed, if this doesn't work, then open secondaries just a hair, and lower primaries.

Otherwise, when shutting off car, leave it in gear, then turn off ignition.

------------------
Everett 68/350/PG/11.90/115mph

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The car has a accel distributor.No ignition box.I set the timming to 6*BTDC with the vac. advance unplugged.I noticed when i hooked the vac.advance line back up,the timming did not change. Should i lower the timming? How do i adjust the carb? it`s a holley dual line? I`m not very skilled on adjusting carburators!!!!!
Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.