Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 91 Z28 whith 350tpi engine and 700R4 Tranny. The other day I noticed a buzzing sound from my tranny. It happen after i chAnged the shifter(B&M). I drove the car lake this for like a week and the car was loosing power as days went by.Yeaterday when i was racing some kid I heard a really loud nouise when the car shifted. And the next thing i knew the tranny wouldnt shift from 1st to 2nd gear.
Can someone tell me what's up. ThanX

·
Registered
522 Posts
Dude, you broke it!! Hope you got about 1200 for a rebuild or to buy a rebuilt. I bet if you took it apart, it fragged on you. Happened to my suburban. Hope you did not ruin the case too. I was trying to keep the burban up to 85-90 (was legal in montana
)
in a 50 - 60 headwind. Lasted about three hours as I was on my way to school in Texas for a few weeks. Had to rent a car to get there. That was another 700!! That trip sucked.
Doesn't sound good buddy.

------------------
Tim
67 ss/rs, MODIFIED
http://www.geocities.com/sixt7ssrs/
IM - sixtsevnss

·
Premium Member
22,122 Posts
Hey toosweet, before you panic, check the throttle valve cable, maybe it got disturbed or pulled out of adjustment when you changed the shifter. The cable attaches to the car/tpi throttle lever. Where the outer cable attaches to the bracket on the manifold, there is a square black thing with a silver tab. Push the tab in and hold it, and then push the cable housing all the way in. It kinda slides, the silver thing locks the cable housing in the bracket. Then let go of everything and jack the throttle. The cable will pull out to the proper adjustment automatically. Keep your fingers crossed!

·
Registered
5 Posts
throw the 700r4 away. put a turbo 350 in. there bullet proof the 700's suck. i blew 4 in one year in my 85. they don't hold up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts