Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I' am installing a 396 in a 69 coupe it originally had a small block and I'm in the process of converting it I also have a 700R4 matched up to it I have it in now but the header on the driver side is up tight against the steering box and there's not a lot of room against the firewall for the msd distributor I'm putting in. If I raise the tail end of the transmission I can get enough clearance, I'd have to get or make a taller bracket piece for the transmission crossmember to do this. Is there a problem with it? Any thoughts on the tight fit between the header and the steering box? I have the correct mounts and the headers were supposed to be for this application.

·
Registered
8,177 Posts
Hey Jerry, Welcome to TC. The best thing to do when you have a specific question is do a search for the subject first. BB conversion has been discussed so many times, I would have expected it to be a sticky or something along those lines. The first thread I came up with was this one:

http://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=39677&highlight=big+block+conversion

My search words were big block conversion

And as far as the MSD goes, dont bang the firewall, there are other unit's out there that fit. And dont bang the headers to make them fit.

Again, welcome to the team. And good luck with your car.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts